Delta (Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) – Module 1 Exam
The Delta is one of the best-known and most popular advanced TEFL/TESOL qualifications in the world. It is a flexible way for experienced English language teachers to progress further in their careers. The Delta can be taken at any stage in a teacher’s career and is ideal for those wanting to update their teaching knowledge and improve their practice.
Who this course is for?
- Teachers who passed their CELTA qualification at least one year previously and ideally have two years’ EFL teaching experience. You should not apply for the Delta if you have not already gained experience in EFL teaching.
- Teachers who plan to make a career in English language teaching or move into other roles e.g. Director of Studies, Teacher Trainer etc.
Module One Exam Paper
Understanding language, methodology and resources for teaching. This module focuses on the background to teaching and learning English in a range of contexts.
- Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching.
- Different approaches and methodologies, including current developments.
- Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems.
- Language skills and learners’ problems.
- Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning.
- Key concepts and terminology related to assessment.
Module One: Written exam of two 90-minute papers.
Exam dates: 1 June 2016
Registration closing date: 2 May 2016
To enroll in the DELTA Module 1 Exam, download this exam enrollment form and send the completed form to email@example.com
For more information, please see Cambridge’s DELTA page
Join our DELTA Module 1 Preparation Course